New for the 2014 biking season, the Banshee Rune V2 is receiving a couple of minor updates. First, you'll notice that the frame is now available in Raw, Florescent Green and Black on Black. As far as physical changes go, the 2014 Rune V2 is now going to include "stealth cable routing" for a dropper seat-post. As far as we've been told from Banshee thus far, the rest of the Rune V2 frame should remain the same as the 2013.
Production Timing: According to the most accurate information that we've received from Banshee, the first production run of 2014 Rune V2's frames should be released sometime in September or October of 2013. We do recommend that customers who want a 2014 Rune V2 right away place a pre-order now, as the Rune has been one of our most popular bikes in the 2013 season, and it has generally remained been sold out before the production runs were even finished. Your best chances of getting a new 2014 are by placing a pre-order now instead of waiting until September or October.
For those that dare to see whats on the other side the mountain. The Rune V2 was made for the weekend adventurer to explore the back country. Escape the madness of the cities and urban sprawl and return to nature, restore your inner peace and go to the places most people will never see. This sturdy frame with amazing pedaling qualities will keep you pedaling all day and get you easily down the steepest mountain when its time to come home.
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large
- New colors for 2014 (Flo Green, Black on Black)
- Stealth Cable Routing
- Travel: 160mm
- Taper Headtube: Strength and versatility to use zero stack or adjustable head angle cups
- Hydroformed 7005 AL tubes: Gusseting formed into the tube for added strength with less weight
- ISCG2005: Latest standard in ISCG
- Full length seat tube: A necessity for freeriding where you need to pedal up before bombing down
- Adjustable seatposts: Cable guides along toptube and 30.9 size allows for all known models
- Internal ribbed stays: Increased stiffness for railing burms and sticking landings
Front derailleur: Capable of running multiple setups from chainguide, to dual ring w/Bash guard
- Hammerschmidt: Not recommended
- Tire Clearance: 26 x 2.5
- Ina Bearing pivots: For strength and long service life
- KS Link pivot system: Tuned for optimal wheelrate characteristics
- Warranty: 2 years [original owner]
- Crash replacement: Lifetime [original owner]